1) What do you want people (the community) to know about your business?
We want people to know our business hours. We’re open Sat & Sunday from 10-5 pm. We’re also open on Final Fridays around 7. We use that time to showcase some of our work and interact with the community. We were open during the week but we found that we needed time to work on projects. Because we do custom work, we’re always working on something.
2) Why did you decide to set-up your business in OTR?
We saw all the growth and potential in the community. There is definitely an audience here for our business, that’s what is important. We want to engage people who come here to shop/explore and also the residents. When we’re not here we try to make sure our storefront is engaging. Right now we have Mr. Red’s moustache in one window and a mirror in the other.
3) Is there anything that surprised you about working or having a business in OTR?
Nothing really shocks us. We came to OTR for the surprises and the interactions.
4) Do you have a favorite place you like to go in OTR? (Restaurant, bar, shop, place to exercise, theatre, etc.)
We’re always out in the community but we do frequent a lot of the businesses on Main Street. Some of our favorite places are Salazar, MOTR Pub, Park +Vine, Findlay Market and Rhinehaus.
5) If you had a magic wand, what would you change in OTR?
To make it bigger, larger but still the same vibe or atmosphere. We would add more affordable housing for students, young professionals, etc. We want to add to the neighborhood without changing the identity of the neighborhood.