1) What do you want people (the community) to know about your business?
Cheers to Art! offers ‘art as entertainment.’ Absolutely no experience is necessary
to have a great time. We combine canvas painting, music and beer or wine from
our bar for the perfect night out before or after dining at one of OTR’s fabulous
2) Why did you decide to set up your business in OTR?
We had so many downtown companies coming out to our Madeira studio for
team building events that we decided to open a downtown studio. We loved the vibe
and wanted to be a part of the revitalization of OTR.
3) Is there anything that surprised you about working or having a business in
Probably the perception of OTR. Although it’s getting better, people still ask us if
it’s safe to come down here. We see it changing, but the success of OTR depends
on people from the Cincinnati suburbs and surrounding areas visiting the neighborhood.
4) Do you have a favorite place you like to go in OTR? (Restaurant, bar, shop,
place to exercise, theatre).
We enjoy walking down to The Coffee Emporium on Central Parkway for a drink
or for a light lunch. Also, the margaritas at Bakersfield are fabulous when we can get in.
5) If you had a magic wand, what would you change in OTR?
I’d get the revitalization done overnight! All the buildings would be beautiful, the
streets would be safe at all hours of the day and people would walk, ride bikes or
take the street car to work or home.