We are hiring! The Over-the-Rhine Chamber of Commerce is looking for a part-time Administrative Assistant. Please email all resumes (cover letter preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted through Friday, July 13th, 2018.
Part-Time Administrative Assistant Job Description
JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant, Over-the-Rhine Chamber of Commerce
REPORTS TO: Executive Director, Over-the-Rhine Chamber of Commerce
The Administrative Assistant is a part-time (24 hours/week) position, and an integral part of the operations of the Over-the-Rhine Chamber of Commerce (OTRCC). This position is designed to assist the Executive Director(ED) of the OTRCC, along with the Board of Directors. The Administrative Assistant will ensure that our team is more efficient and effective with how we serve our members. He/She is responsible to the activities of the chamber as determined by the Executive Director and BOD, including but not limited to:
- Performs administrative tasks including but not limited to: Scheduling, organizing, and prioritizing work activities, answering phone calls, drafting emails, and filling.
- Schedule appointments, and perform meeting prep such as preparing agendas, compiling notes and crafting power-point presentations.
- Schedule and assist in coordinating programming and/or speakers for Merchant, Safety and Board meetings.
- Compose and distribute correspondence and other duties as directed by Executive Director.
- Assist ED in organizing monthly invoices, expenses and payments.
- Establish and maintain files on a current basis for easy access to pertinent information and data.
- Assist with planning and execution of Signature Events, and special programs with assigned duties including, but not limited to; coordination of committees, speakers, media, award recipients, and volunteers.
- Responsible for scheduling OTRCC Board of Directors, Executive Committee and taking minutes when necessary.
- Regularly updates database of members and chamber contacts, and prepares correspondence to members and prospects. Maintain calendar of internal and external events.
- Responsible for maintaining external contacts (i.e. media, city leaders) and mailing lists through Gmail, MailChimp, and Chambermaster.
- Assist with gathering social media content and scheduling social media posts.
- Updating website content and images on a regular basis, keeping all pages current within otrchamber.com site.
- Develop communication materials for membership campaign, events and holidays.
- Creating Google Forms to collect information on member events, discounts and announcements for purposes of sending monthly e-newsletters, and promoting holiday specials.
- Conduct grant and project research and assist in grant writing and editing as needed.
Desired Skills and Experience
- The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of experience in an administrative role
- Proficient and efficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Adobe Acrobat). Experience with database management and Google Drive preferred
- Experience with social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Hootsuite.
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong writing, editing and proof-reading skills
- Ability to speak to individuals at all levels in organization and community
Ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications, characteristics and abilities:
- Organized, professional, punctual, responsible, and can effectively communicate.
- Exercise discretion and will be able to interact with all levels of staff appropriately.
- Have a passion for community and small business
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously, balance priorities and meet deadlines
- Familiarity with the Over-the-Rhine neighborhood